Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Photographer in Training

Remember how I graduated in April? One of my graduation gifts was a dSLR camera from my dad. I had talked with him about how I wanted to be able to capture better pictures of my kids & how Jaden is just too darn fast for the camera I had. I'd press the shutter button & by the time the camera decided to take the picture, the image I wanted would be gone. I also talked with him about wanting to be able to take my own pictures for my Etsy. I found a used camera I felt would do on our classified ads and mentioned that maybe Dad could talk Hubbie into buying it for me if they went in together. Well, Dad decided to go ALL out and get me a great camera & a bunch of extras.
It has been a wonderful gift! I've been able to get some great pictures of my kids and the stuff I made.
Here are some pictures of my kiddos.





And here are some examples of the improvement in my product pictures.

Now:


and then:



I am SO very excited to learn more about photography. I've been reading books and articles almost every day. I need to get out in the world and practice the things that are floating around in my head - and I will. As soon as I'm over whatever sickness it is I have at the moment. Ug. Until then, I'll just be making some sweet stuff and taking pictures of it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment