Friday, May 27, 2011

Chic Baby Duvet Cover






Sometimes I struggle with knowing what my next project should be. I have a ginormously long list of projects I think I may someday want to get to. I never get to any of them because I don't know which of them I should actually work on and complete. The answer is ALL OF THEM, of course. I guess I just get overwhelmed sometimes and a little scared that my project won't come out as perfectly cute or adorable as the original creator's.


Sometimes I go to the thrift stores to see if I can find any supplies to use for any one of my long long list of hopeful projects. One time, I went to a thrift store and found inspiration for a project of my very own design. It came in the form of a big, soft, light pink sheet.


It was love at first sight.Pink is my favorite color ( and now I have that song stuck in my head). The weight of the sheet was just so darn perfect I knew in an instant that it was meant to be something frilly, something chic, and something special for a little girl.


I refashioned an old sheet into an adorable and chic duvet cover for a baby girl's room. I totally want one for my own room! or my baby girl's room. Sadly, I don't have a room of my very own, nor do I have a baby girl.


It is for sale in my Etsy Shop. http://www.petitlambie.etsy.com/


Aaron Despain took the picture for me. I just got a DSLR camera and am trying to teach myself the art of photography. His awesomeness is greater than mine - at least in the picture taking department. He is a Utah Valley photographer and mostly works with families. His website is http://despain-photography.com/?pageID=622092.




(still new to this blogging thing. Anyone know how I can post a link with just a word rather than the actual entire link? I see it done all the time!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment